FREE ground shipping on orders over $150 and FREE returns on all orders

lessons for an optimist- what inspires YOU?

Posted by Gordon | August 18th, 2009 | Filed under Uncategorized

090817_otggraphic1We have been doing a bit of soul searching lately discussing the accelerating evolution in responsible behavior and the growing importance of life meaning and balance.  We love this shift as it speaks directly to the core of the Nau brand.

At Nau, we like to think of our loyal fans as Artists, Athletes and Activists, a group of people that strives to create new and innovative paths to a better world.  People whose lives blur between the creative, active and cause related worlds.  Enjoying everyday and trying to make a difference along the way. (Many send us pictures of all this, which we love. We post them on flickr, and now have a great collection of snapshots from the real world, like those at the top of this post).

It makes us want to learn – and see – more. This month, we would love to hear from you…tell us who you are and what you love, give us a sense of what inspires you.

9 Responses to “lessons for an optimist- what inspires YOU?”

• August 18, 2009 at 1:39 pm | hoon says

I’m a surfer, snowboarder, biker, environmentalist, husband, father, dog-father and a marketer. My inspiration? My family:

• August 19, 2009 at 2:00 pm | Lisa says

What inspires me? The silence and the sounds of nature, the lack of movement that one finds in nature away from cars, maxx lines, buses…and other people. This allows our brains to wind down so that we can be inspired and moved by our own spirit again.

• August 21, 2009 at 4:44 am | lou says

the products of nau are awesome!!
    hope it can be sold in other country.

• August 21, 2009 at 4:57 am | lou says

What inspires me? The individual and awareness that makes me feeling good. No cliche, just sink in grass for a while always give spirit to me again..

• August 21, 2009 at 8:59 pm | eugenie says

just sink in the grass for a while. I like that, Lou.

what inspires me these days? stillness. the ocean (I could watch the waves for hours). sitting around a fire with friends. running for miles through the woods. yoga with a cool crew of tattooed freethinkers who can twist themselves up into pretzeled postures that I’ll never in a million years achieve. and the perfect table and chair for working and thinking and making new stuff. I’m inspired by my table. and the things I put on it, like photographs. which means I guess my camera inspires me, too. or at least the things I see through it.

and really good music. really really rockin’ good music. like the animal collective. and the flaming lips.

• August 24, 2009 at 4:51 pm | libby says

what inspires me…..

old trains…. really old trains with lots of colorful graffiti……music….heavy bass and glitched out beats…dancing..dancing like nobody is watching..moving like i am made of water…color…the color of old things that have been around for awhile…rusty, dusty, faded with stories……ancient things….things that have seen the best and the worst of our humanity…travel…seeing how other people live, eat, breath, and sleep….how other people create and inspire…

• August 26, 2009 at 8:02 pm | Susan says

I’m inspired by those who are willing to sacrifice,
    I can’t seem to do it…enough
    As I should…
    I’m inpsirired by
    Honor,
    It’s hard to find.
    I”m inspired by
    Integrity….I hope I have it.
    I try

• August 28, 2009 at 11:12 am | ncsf says

the sun, and it’s amazing gift of life to this little rock in space we call earth. without it there’s nothing.

puzzles and problem solving

the mathematics of music and its affect on emotions

simple pleasures

beautiful patterns in nature, like the layers of spots on a trout or the way pebbles arrange themselves in a creek

or snowflakes

realizations of clarity and being in the moment/of the moment/for the moment

living a true life, to yourself and therefore to those around you. purity of heart.

laughter, and the milky way

• September 1, 2009 at 5:49 am | Susan Feathers says

I am inspired by true friendship, by loyalty, and by deep resolve to keep the flame of inspiration moving through humanity, by the desire to make something better in ourselves, by good intentions.