The Willing Wall

Posted by Josie | May 11th, 2009 | Filed under Uncategorized

We had an Earth Day gathering a couple weeks ago and introduced what we call the “Willing Wall.” We asked our friends to answer a question; What are you willing to do to that will create positive change? Turns out, there is a direct relationship between what people are willing to do and how much organic vodka they consume. Here are a few of the PG-13 pledges for positive change:

willingwall

I will do more local travel.

I will always use biodegradable doggie bags.

I will stop showering alone.

I will join a CSA.

I will drink more organic beer.

I will not take tissue paper when I shop.

I will release less methane.

I will plant some trees.

While these aren’t necessarily new mind blowing ideas, I like having the Willing Wall here in the office. It’s a nice visual connection between our small changes and the bigger community of people working toward the same goal and having fun along the way.

So the question is; what are YOU willing to do to create positive change this year?

8 Responses to “The Willing Wall”

• May 11, 2009 at 5:50 pm | libby says

can we somehow post an r-rated version? ;)

• May 12, 2009 at 1:39 pm | Erika M. says

I will learn to be a biker chick with my bike this summer! ;D

I will volunteer with the PDX Fruit Tree Project & help those in need & those with lots-o-fruit on their trees ;D

• May 14, 2009 at 3:29 pm | Steve H. says

I will only wear second hand clothing

• May 15, 2009 at 9:50 am | Brighton says

I will eat more veggies and less meat

I will remember to bring my bag to the grocery store

I will remember to bring my Tupperware for to restaurants so they don’t give me a clamshell

• May 17, 2009 at 8:45 am | metra says

i’ll be more patient, slow things are better than fast

• May 18, 2009 at 2:43 pm | hot.biology says

i will always bring my own mug when getting coffee…….xoxoxo

• May 18, 2009 at 2:52 pm | Lane Z says

I will give gifts wrapped in re-usable cloth bags instead of wrapping paper.

• [...] it up to the larger Thought Kitchen community, we asked you what you were willing to do to make change in the year ahead. Erika M. promised to volunteer [...]