The Real 100

Posted by admin | February 9th, 2009 | Filed under Uncategorized

Picture 41.png

You’ve likely heard of the Fortune 500, and the Forbes Best 200 Small Companies, and the NASDAQ 100, and the Inc 5000 (yeah really, 5000), and the Global 100. But what about the The Real 100? In the words of it’s creator Duke Stump, the Real 100 is “dedicated to the 100 most regenerative ideas, individuals and brands that are pioneering a new path towards the emerging future. Defined less by size than their ability to spark a revolution of new thought and possibility.”

Duke has also started a blog dedicated to the Real 100. It’s a good read

Among others the Real 100 includes Architecture For Humanity, Buckminster Fuller Institute, Thomas Friedman, Good Magazine and Toms Shoes. We’re honored to say it also includes Nau. Check out the list and let us know who you would add to the Real 100 community.

8 Responses to “The Real 100”

• February 9, 2009 at 1:39 pm | J says

Hi, I would add this amazing gal…

Wow. watch the video. Peace!

• February 9, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Ian Yolles says

J,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out the link. Maggie is indeed a pretty inspiring person.

• February 9, 2009 at 4:43 pm | duke says

Ian – Thanks for the thought.

J – Thanks for the intro to Maggie.

The reality is that the REAL 100 is hundreds, if not thousands of inspiring individuals/brands that are creating positive systemic change. They have a verve and moral jazz that is all about creating and living a new possibility.

I absolutely LOVE Maggie’s story and thus I have added her BLINKNOW FOUNDATION to the REAL 100 list. Beautiful story of humanity and compassion. Thanks!

Duke

• February 10, 2009 at 1:54 pm | Lorelei Grazier says

Great list to reference – we organize and expo in Boston and our whole idea is to promote businesses and organizations that are helping us move to a more sustainable world. We hope to go out of business ourselves – when business as usual incorporates the triple bottom line.

• February 10, 2009 at 5:27 pm | Ian Yolles says

Lorelei,
    We went out of business once and it was extremely painful. In your case, however, I wish you well and look forward to the day that your services are no longer needed.

• February 22, 2009 at 3:49 pm | joshg says

Interesting looking list. Is there a reason that none of the links are hyperlinked? Tried a couple of browsers..thanks.

• February 24, 2009 at 9:24 pm | duke says

joshg…the links are now hyperlinked. thanks! duke

• March 11, 2009 at 11:27 am | Shopping Ethically says

I anticipate some serious web-surfing time checking out some of these links. I agree with Toms, Whole Foods, The Hunger Project, Local Harvest–I would’ve nominated these to be on this list if they weren’t already!

I don’t know if it should make the top 100–but Fair Indigo (www.fairindigo.com) pops to my mind–I think that their company is a perfect fair-trade and (sometimes) organic alternative for J. Crew or Ann Taylor shoppers.
    I think that their mainstream appeal (and affordable prices) could woo a lot of the Amerian public into the fair-trade arena.

Boy, I sound like a commercial for Fair Indigo!