FREE ground shipping on orders over $100 and FREE returns on all orders

Spread The Warmth

Posted by admin | December 3rd, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized

Picture 3.png

We like to applaud people who engage their communities in positive ways. In this case it’s our sister company Horny Toad .

We all know that times are tough for many Americans. In the spirit of trying to effect change, Horny Toad wants to spread the warmth by banding their community together to help those who need it. The clothes taking up space in the back of your closet could keep someone warm this winter. Horny Toad is asking you to dig deep and give them a new home by donating to an organization that can get them to people in need.

By giving your used clothes to a charity of your choice, you get 30% off new Horny Toad clothing ” either online on their website (use code spreadthewarmth at checkout) or at a participating retailer (mention spread the warmth at point of purchase).

If you want to give a shout out about where you donated and how good it feels to give, do so here or leave a comment below.

5 Responses to “Spread The Warmth”

• December 5, 2008 at 4:20 pm | carolita says

Housing Works, in new york city. Just google them. They have many locations. You even get a form to fill out and keep a copy of, for tax purposes.

• December 9, 2008 at 3:10 pm | Jonathan says

Not a bad idea, plus you avoid the holding on to clothes one doesn’t need anymore.

I was wondering if you will have again your wool shirts and wool slacks. They were great products. Also, will there be more of the PLA products? I love the boxers and would love to get a Tshirt made from PLA, along with some more of your wool products.

• December 10, 2008 at 11:15 am | Josie says

Jonathan,

We actually have several wool baselayers (Merino 2 Crew, Zip Neck, Striped Crew, Polo…) and a wool hoody (M3 Hoody) in the current men’s line on nau.com. When the spring line launches in March, there will also be a men’s wool short similar to the one we made in Spring 2008. In Fall 2009 we have a variety of new wool shirt styles come out in different weights, so stay tuned!

For a variety of reasons, we dropped PLA from our product line. Our decision to stop using 100% PLA products was based on two main factors; the reality of the supply chain and long-term care and durability challenges. PLA by itself is a tricky fiber to handle. It’s harder to dye and process then other fabrics. In addition, it has low melting temperatures and much of the textile process requires heat. Like the early versions of Polypropylene, 100% PLA garments are prone to melting in hot dryers during the consumer care phase of the garment. While we were happy with the performance characteristics of PLA as a natural fiber, the difficulty to care for it throughout its lifetime made the PLA blends more practical for our suppliers and customers.

So, that was a long answer to your short questions.

Cheers,
    Josie

• December 10, 2008 at 7:24 pm | Jonathan says

Josie- Thanks for the information. I can understand the problem with PLA. I only tried the PLA material with the boxers, which I love. Will you have an alternative to PLA? I do like the current wool clothing lineup, and hopefully I can purchase the Dualist jacket at some point (i.e. when I have the money again). I do like the polyester wool combination. I am glad to hear your Tshirts will be back, and I hope the shorts and pants will be back as well. Both great products.

I appreciate your detailed response and look forward to your next designs.

• December 12, 2008 at 2:31 pm | Jonathan says

Josie- A followup suggestion. How about a review section for your products. It would be great to share thoughts on items and get questions answered.
    Jonathan