At home in a shipping container

Posted by Caitlin | November 10th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized

You’ve probably seen hundreds of them on the back of a train or at a
boat yard, but what if someone told you that an old shipping container could
someday become your dream house?

7 Responses to “At home in a shipping container”

• November 11, 2008 at 10:27 am | Ben Moon says

Thanks for sharing Caitlin, it’s been fun watching my sister and her husband use utilize some of this “container” technology in their new home.

• November 11, 2008 at 5:02 pm | Mark M says

Well, that’s a lovely post Caitlin! I may just have to incorporate a shipping container into my housing strategy on the upcoming move to Brazil…. I hear houses are hard to come by in Florianopolis this time of year!

• November 12, 2008 at 2:03 pm | Otis says

Nice. I love this. After I saw the Illy traveling showroom, I never look at shipping containers the same. I saw a couple in a field off Skyline over the weekend. Not a bad place to set up shop!

• November 12, 2008 at 4:37 pm | Emilie Lee says

This is awesome! I’ve been in some shipping container homes before, but none as gorgeous as these. It’s an inspiration, total dream home potential.

• November 13, 2008 at 3:52 pm | Emilie Lee says

Hey Caitlin, have you seen this website? http://www.containercity.com/ someone at school told me about it today

• November 24, 2008 at 11:39 am | Caitlin says

Ben, Mark, Otis and Emilie,

Thanks so much for your awesome comments. Once I build my own shipping container house with Adam Kalkin, you’re all invited!

• August 1, 2011 at 10:23 am | David J. Weber says

I Saw this on Bread & Butter (fashion fair in Berlin)

it´s an awesome Container building!