The Road to Relaunch: Part 4- Web Partners

Posted by hal | August 29th, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized

womens_genderpage_screengrab.jpgIt’s been a busy couple of months in Webland. We began design of a new site back in February or so, and were literally days away from launching when the word came down that we were closing our doors. So, one of the first things we had to do in order to get back in business was to try and get that new site back on track. Our partners at ZAAZ have worked with us to modify the front end design to reflect the needs of the new Nau, and have teamed up with our brand new partners at ZaneRay who are producing the back end, requiring a substantial amount of work to integrate the two.
Once having assured one another that the two systems were indeed compatible, August has been spent in trying to take all the content we’ve been able to acquire and/or produce and load it into our new web architecture. We’re hoping to have that done in the next ten days or so, and then begin testing the new site, with an eye to a fully functional site experience by October.
The image attached offers a peek into the new design. Faster, more user-friendly, with a lighter overall look and feel. A good reflection of the new Nau we think.

14 Responses to “The Road to Relaunch: Part 4- Web Partners”

• August 29, 2008 at 6:13 pm | Tyler Cheung says

No more Flash, i hope?

;)

good luck!

• August 29, 2008 at 6:21 pm | hal says

Nope. It’s an HTML site. We learned our lesson. The only flash is the speed with which you’ll be able to navigate this puppy..

• August 30, 2008 at 6:02 pm | zac says

Thank goodness. That flash site was hard to get around.

• August 31, 2008 at 12:18 pm | Vanessa Wardwell says

I am so incredibly happy to hear that Nau is coming back. I am thrilled and relieved to the point of immeasurableness!!! I was absolutely devastated in May when I visited your website and read that things had gone south. But Nau is coming back and making a full recovery!!! I love visiting your website and am equally excited that Nau is being reincarnated. I can’t wait till October to see your new line of fantastic eco-friendly apparel. Your website means the world to me. Thank your for having the courage and the determination to continue your extremely valuable work. Welcome back Nau!!!

Sincerely,

Vanessa Wardwell

• September 2, 2008 at 6:11 am | Robert says

Glad to hear that the new site will be HTML. I had written to you previously expressing my hope that we could get a non-flash version at some point.

Are there more previews of the fall line coming? There are a few things I was hoping to get (the primary one is gloves, which sold out in my size before I got a chance to get them last winter).

• September 2, 2008 at 7:00 am | Ryan Moede says

Excited to hear about the new HTML-based site – can’t wait to see it when it launches!

• September 3, 2008 at 7:58 am | d says

Dear Nau,

Will Nau products be available anywhere else this fall? On the Horny Toad web site? Through web-based or storefront wholesale accounts?

What is the distribution plan for your products now, given that Nau will no longer operate its own retail stores?

Just curious. Thanks.

• September 3, 2008 at 1:49 pm | Naomi says

Hello Hal,

Who would be the contact for events, promotions and marketing? Would love to talk with them about some integrated promo ideas.

Best,
    Naomi

• September 3, 2008 at 3:02 pm | hal says

Robert- We’re sending out our September newsletter “Off the Grid” on Tuesday. It will contain a preview of several new Fall products. If you haven’t yet signed up, go to nau.com and we’ll get you on the list.

D- Here in Portland, we’ll be selling our product exclusively through the Lizard Lounge sometime in October. We also plan to sell through a select number of dealers this Fall, and are just in the process of determining who they will be. Stay tuned.

Naomi- Ian is your guy. I’ll send you his contact info.

Thanks for your interest.

• September 4, 2008 at 7:51 am | Dave says

Thrilled to hear that you’re back.

As part of your new distribution strategy, please, please include Canada. Even if I have to buy your stuff through MEC. I can only ask so many US-based friends to smuggle in my purchases on their trips home.

• September 5, 2008 at 5:57 pm | Ian says

Dave,

Believe me, I sympathize with you. I’m Canadian. My friends and family have been after me with the same request and, of course, I pack our products when I go north.
    We’ll be distributing in Canada but not likely in the immediate future. The first priority is to get our distribution here in the US but I’ll be pushing hard to fulfill on your request. Please stay tuned and thanks for your being patient.

• September 8, 2008 at 6:25 am | Scott says

I will miss calling in my orders because the flash site dumped my shopping cart, everyone I talked to was great! Thanks for dumping flash and bring back the riding jacket.

• September 10, 2008 at 7:07 am | Taylor says

Really looking forward to the relaunch, I’m really excited about the community that has stayed with NAU through the “pause”.

And looking forward to the faster, cleaner site, with the same style…

• October 19, 2008 at 1:43 pm | lexington insurance says

lexington insurance…

Danizes:broiling?viciousness inappropriate segregated …