Goodbye for Nau

Posted by Alex | May 2nd, 2008 | Filed under Uncategorized

Dear friends,

Back in August of 2006, we served up The Thought Kitchen as Nau’s first foray into stirring the pot. After nineteen months of collective inquiry, we’re proud of what we’ve mixed up here. We’ve delved into topics as diverse as farmers’ markets and break beats, public bikes and moonwalking bears. And so it is with deep sadness that we announce that Nau, Inc., and with it this blog, will immediately begin the process of winding down our business operations.

We’re grateful to all of the readers who have followed The Thought Kitchen, offered comments on our posts, and joined us in energized exchange. You’ve given us faith that while the party may be wrapping up in our house, the thoughts, ideas and inspiration for these conversations will carry on. Though Nau is winding down, we as individuals will continue to participate with you as part of the larger collective sharing ideas and exchanging dialogue in this movement around positive change.

In the meantime, we have posted the following letter on the homepage of our website:

In the current highly risk-averse capital market, we simply could not raise the necessary funds to continue to move forward. We believe this is not so much a reflection of the viability of our business, but the result of an unfortunate confluence of events. Just as we could not have predicted the sudden groundswell of environmental consciousness that blossomed at the time we launched our business, we did not foresee the current crisis in the capital markets. At this time, investors are loath to invest in anything; especially, it appears, a company like Nau that has the audacity to challenge conventional paradigms of what a business should be.

We are, of course, eternally thankful to a large community of people, including the investors who got us this far”those who saw our potential and gave their support when the risk was greatest. We would also like to express our most sincere gratitude to our customers as well as our partner non-profit organizations, our business associates, our friends in the media as well as the countless others who have cheered us and challenged us along the way. It has been an honor working with and serving all of you. Your unflagging support and enthusiasm has inspired us to work diligently on your behalf and we regret we will not be able to serve you in the future.

In the end, we are proud of what we have accomplished as a company. After less than one year of business, we donated over $223,000 through our customer-directed giving program, Partners for Change. We feel this model, were it widely adopted, could have staggering potential to influence the common good. We are thrilled to have watched the community of individuals who have strongly identified with Nau’s mission and who have shared their thoughts and feelings with us online and in person, in our local markets and around the globe. We also salute the larger community of artists, athletes, and activists whose passions have inspired us to do what we do and who have welcomed us as a part of a much greater movement devoted to positive change.

Nau set out to show the world that business can be a force for positive social and environmental change. Although our current financial obstacles have proven to be insurmountable, it does not mean the ideas associated with Nau are unattainable. Nau was merely one attempt to express a larger idea that was around before us and will survive long after. It remains as urgent as ever for businesses to take the lead in creating a sustainable future for humans and the planet. We, as individuals and as members of a grander collective of the change-minded, look forward to continuing that journey.

The Team At Nau

97 Responses to “Goodbye for Nau”

• May 2, 2008 at 11:52 am | Victoria Everman says

What depressing news! :(

• May 2, 2008 at 12:01 pm | Concerned Citizen says

Bummer – seriously!

• May 2, 2008 at 12:04 pm | Mark Schoneveld says

Wow, that’s bad news! So sad! And no one wants to continue the blog?

• May 2, 2008 at 1:51 pm | Brett Schwager says

It hurts to think that a business striving for positive change in the world had to shut its doors. I am troubled by the thought of people using this case study as a means to prove that business cannot be done for the common good and the profit and philanthropy cannot coexist. I believe they can. I will strive to continue to push the limits of what many deem as impossible business practices to pay homage to Nau- the only company whose brand loyalty I’ve ever felt.

• May 2, 2008 at 2:02 pm | Mark says

This is the only time I can say that I have been deeply saddened by the loss of a brand. I truly counted Nau among the only companies I would pledge a life long devotion of purchasing.

It is unbelievably disconcerting that a larger company such as Nike (for example) couldn’t see the tremendous potential and the obvious public wellspring of interest that Nau represents. It would have cost them less than what they spend on heating to buy into Nau and keep this great company alive.

This just sucks.

• May 2, 2008 at 2:14 pm | Leslie says

Is there a way that supporters of Nau, like us customers with whom the concept, brand and syngeristic execution of business and giving resonate, could pool our resources together and keep Nau going? Is this permanent or is there hope that Nau can be revived after the economy recovers?

• May 2, 2008 at 2:16 pm | sad to see nau go... says

It’s sad to see a company that actually cared about the community they operated in disappear. 233,000 to charities that help all of us in one year is amazing for a company of their size. I only wish that more investors and other companies had seen they were doing more then trying to make a profit, but actually attempting to change the community we live in.

I hope the best for all of those that worked at NAU.

• May 2, 2008 at 2:32 pm | karen bednorz says

To my friends @ Nau,

Just left you a phone message. I’ll say it again…”we” all send you our Love and good will. Hal, Mark & Chris you are admired and respected, and we hold you in our hearts.

I have faith good will come in spite of the sadness in this business discussion. You tried.

always,

karen

• May 2, 2008 at 2:33 pm | karen bednorz says

To my friends @ Nau,

Just left you a phone message. “We” all send you our Love and good will. Hal, Mark & Chris you are admired and respected, and we hold you in our hearts.

always,

karen

• May 2, 2008 at 2:46 pm | Sean O'Connor says

sad. I wish you all the best! what you started will surely carry on somewhere, somehow.

• May 2, 2008 at 2:48 pm | Austin Ramsland says

This is such sad news.

An ambitious plan. An incredibly talented team. A beautiful product. But most importantly, all of those elements coming together around an important idea: that a company can do something good for the world.

While I am so very sad to see Nau go (I can’t express this enough), you can all be proud that you accomplished so much in such a short amount of time.

• May 2, 2008 at 3:35 pm | ChrisP says

Great blog, great company, and more importantly, great ideas/ideals. Don’t give up, you will be back!

• May 2, 2008 at 4:34 pm | marc says

this is so so sad for me. i was in love with what you guys were doing on all levels.

• May 2, 2008 at 5:39 pm | Ray Page says

Never before has a brand resonated with me on so many levels.
    I’m going to start thinking about nau:reBirth.

• May 2, 2008 at 6:31 pm | eudora says

I heard the news this morning and spent nearly the whole day at the Chicago webfront store, watching newcomers and Nau devotees move in and out of the store. Everyone delights in the fit and feel of the clothes, and is so appreciative of the positive contribution Nau has tried to make towards social and environmental change. The sorrow in the store today was palpable, yet everyone I encountered–and myself–have high hopes the company will find a way back to the market. It is certain that the ideals and example put forward by Nau will continue to inspire all of us that have had the joy of wearing and involving ourselves with this incredible company.

Those of us that love you, Nau, will continue to hope and wait, and in the meantime we will try to act on the instruction found in your first, pre-”Nau”, name.

• May 2, 2008 at 6:44 pm | Jonathan says

I am sorry to hear this. I hope the knowledge and aspirations of the brand can be reborn in some other form. The products were great, the ideas were great, and I hope that I will see the company in its next manifestation.

• May 2, 2008 at 6:56 pm | Daniel says

This is utterly sad. I agree with Mark in that this is one of exceptionally few brands that I am genuinely sad to see go. You all were different in the best sense of the word. Better quality, better fit, better aesthetics, better ethics, better materials… absolutely sublime clothing and truly doing good for the world at the same time.

Your store employees (whom I had to call a few times) are tremendously wonderful as well — huge props to them for going out of their way to help customers.

If you all want to go back into business, consider a small stock offering to those of us who are your fans!!

Its a shame I was never able to visit a retail space — I had plans to do so, too.

All the best, and please keep plugging towards this vision… we’re all with you!

• May 2, 2008 at 8:42 pm | Andrew Hyde says

You will be really, really missed.

• May 2, 2008 at 10:53 pm | Hopeful that there is still a way says

If any of you out there reading this know anyone capable of investing in an idea that is essential to igniting real change, change in the way people consider their consumption and footprint on the planet, change in how people view giving, then please, please make them aware of what is going under here and what the real opportunity is. This isn’t home depot or starbucks downsizing, this is the birth of a a new model and the first ray of light on sustainable product design. If someone can’t see their way clear for the relatively modest investment it would take to step in and save this effort, we have lost something truly wonderful. Even if it only serves to point the way, it will have succeeded, but it shouldn’t have to come to that. But if the days pass and the deed is done, then, I would ask any of you out there reading this to beg this fine group of people to find a new way to coalesce and light the flame anew.

• May 2, 2008 at 11:12 pm | Mario Vellandi says

Ian came to UCLA on the 29th for a presentation on Nau, and inspired us all with your company’s story, challenges, philosophy, very lean and efficient operational model, the organic marketing…

I was going to write a multi-part blog post about Nau from the extensive notes I took – I still am, but it’s damn saddening to be writing a eulogy; at least it will carry a message of hope and rebirth.

Thanks for everything. I will carry on your message far and wide – Your company has inspired me to aggressively write much more on sustainable product development, operations, and authentic green marketing.

• May 3, 2008 at 12:16 am | Jeff Halsey says

To Nau, inc.,

First off I would like to thank you for what felt to me like a very honest attempt at doing things right. I have and will use Nau as an example of how design, ethics and (near)sustainability can be a part of the solution. With that said, I urge you to open up and share which aspects of your business were successful and those that were not, so that other like minded businesses and entrepreneurs can learn from your model. It is never easy to be in the forefront of innovation, however I believe Nau has had enough influence not to be viewed as a casualty, but as momentum given to a revolution in what business should and can be.

Thank you, Jeff.

• May 3, 2008 at 12:44 am | kw says

hi everybody
    as someone who has been part of the nau family – know this is a surreal experience and as i told my friends and now/nau you, i have been in a love affair for the past 2+ years and I’M NOT LEAVING AND I STILL LOVE YOU.
    thanks for your knowing, i share your all your sentiments, even if it brings me to tears (again). -k

• May 3, 2008 at 12:51 am | eleanor says

such sad news.

• May 3, 2008 at 2:05 am | Steve Kobak says

I logged on to the website tonight to check out some product and was shocked read the news of Nau’s impending closure. I just spent the better part of the past 2 hours in the Thought Kitchen reviewing postings and videos. Thanks to everyone at Nau for dreaming big, making the dream a reality, and being a source of inspiration.

• May 3, 2008 at 4:14 am | UTW says

Got exactly what they deserved.

• May 3, 2008 at 7:36 am | John says

This is such sad and unexpected news (UTW…take your backward neanderthal opinion somewhere else…you’re clueless). I love the design and functionality of the clothes. I’ve put the Asylum and Shroud of Purrin line through the test on many excursions this winter and it’s by far the best clothing I’ve ever had. Mix that with the great baselayers and I’ve never had a cold and wet moment. I got inspired early on by the whole business concept via a climbing trip with Ian. It disturbs me that a business model that blends social consciousness with great products can’t survive. Sadly, it speaks volumes for the mindset the society we live in. A society filled with need for instant gratification and greed. I can only hope that the Nau team is able to find a consortium of investors that have the ability to weather the storm while the economy is in the valley. See the long term potential and create an opportunity for Nau to continue designing great garments and serve the society well at the same time.

Thanks for all the greatness you guys accomplished. Hope it’s not goodbye for good. I look forward to get out in a rather misty day up on the mountain knowing that my Nau layers of clothes will deliver.

John

• May 3, 2008 at 8:20 am | charlie says

I loved the concept, but could not afford the clothes.

• May 3, 2008 at 9:25 am | michal says

UTW must work for one of those clothing companies that fall all over themselves to sponsor multimillion dollar athletes and stamp a swoosh or three stripes or some such nonsense on the chests of frat boys nationwide…I for one will happily wear (probably into eternity the clothes are so well made) my logo free, BEAUTIFULLY fitted and designed (thank you Peter, et all) NAU clothing! Thank you for breaking the mold as boldly as you did.

• May 3, 2008 at 1:32 pm | Susanna Schick says

Alex,

The article in Treehugger prompted me to run to your online store and scoop up a bunch of clothes. I’m really upset that you’re going out of business before I even became a loyal customer. I’d heard of Nau, but severely limit my shopping to keep from going broke. With 14 years of experience in the garment industry, mostly freelancing for small labels such as yours, I know how hard it is to stay afloat.

What I don’t understand is the 5% of revenue to charities. Are VC’s asking you to abandon that and you’re refusing? Because I don’t see how a line with such expensive raw materials, small-scale production and high-end customer service can stay in business giving away 5% of its top-line while selling at such low prices.

Sure, you’re competing against Patagonia on the activewear, so I suspect prices need to be competitive there. But on the awesome jeans and business casual bottoms I bought, your design is on par with labels like Calvin Klein or DKNY which are much pricier.

Have you considered shifting the focus away from free-standing store, more toward retailers like Barneys who highlight their “green” offerings? That would lower your cost structure, and I’m sure there are other things that could be done to lower costs without selling your soul. By looking at each cost and asking if it is worth going out of business and all the harm that will inflict, you can judge the real value of initiatives such as 5% for charity.

While it is a good cause, it begs the eternal question- What is the social responsibility of business? I think in Nau’s case it is more responsible to build the business to a level where it can repay its investors, turn a profit, and keep people employed in sustainable apparel manufacturing. Steal some market share from the likes of Banana Republic, then start to look at how you can give back.Your customers, myself included, do not need to donate to charity through you. We can and do donate on our own.

Using Verite-monitored factories and sustainable materials has a far more significant impact than the $233,000 to charities. GOOD jobs in apparel manufacturing in developing countries could make a lot of charities obsolete. The planet needs ALL apparel companies to use sustainable materials. These are unique capabilities that Nau can give to the world, while any of us can donate to our favorite charities.

For Nau to fail at this sets a very bad precedent for the whole sustainable apparel movement. Future investors will reject other sustainable apparel start-ups based solely on the fact that Nau failed, and they were sustainable too, so it must be impossible, regardless of economic conditions. Which is very unfortunate for the legion of existing and potential apparel companies that want to do better.

I also wonder why Patagonia hasn’t taken an interest. Given Yvon Chouinard’s reputation for sharing his knowledge of green apparel manufacturing with other labels, and his astounding level of altruism, I’m surprised he hasn’t stepped in to help. I think a joint venture between your companies, or even some sort of ownership structure would certainly fit his desire to get more labels to be sustainable.

I’m not sure how closely you two compete in the activewear market, as I am completely not in that demographic, but it seems to me that what you’re selling is for the more fashion-conscious, urban-based snowboarder/rock-climbers. If Patagonia is actually (which would require significant market share analysis to know for certain) threatened by that, I am sure there’s a way you could work it out. Perhaps a “Nau for Patagonia” collection instead of being separate entities, with Nau’s own line focusing more on street wear and business casual.

There’s seriously nobody out there making cool, sustainable office clothing except Nau. I really hope you get more funding and/or find a way to restructure, as Nau is exactly what this world needs.

Susanna Schick
    MBA Class of 2009
    Kenan-Flagler Business School
    The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

• May 3, 2008 at 3:07 pm | Mail says

Lesson #1: When you’re starting a business, never borrow money to pay yourself.

• May 3, 2008 at 3:56 pm | Rick says

Surfacing from the 2-day hangover that accompanied such sobering news, I’m really appreciative of all the positive comments on this blog. I’ve been honored and blessed to have curated the Thought Kitchen for almost two years now, and I too am disheartened to see the dream–one that I thoroughly believed in–end.

When I first heard about Nau, I knew it was a place where I needed to work (as probably many of you can imagine). Believe it or not, I had an a profound environmental epiphany through surfing in Oregon, and this company was filled with surfers (many of whom thoroughly understand the “Let My People Go Surfing” ethos), but not only that, these were some of the most creative minds I’d ever met. It was a place that appreciated me for my own creativity, not only as a writer but also as an illustrator and photographer. Dream job.

The product itself was something I believed in selling because it works. And it looks good. I make little discoveries on each of the items I wear regularly as I live with them. And I have to thank Mark, Peter and the whole design team for their genius. I hope in 20 years, when I need to replace my Blazing jacket, I’ll be able to find those guys at a similar venture, working similar magic with materials and cuts.

The blog team was also an amazing crew to collaborate with; the most sincere people I’ve dealt with in a “business” setting. I’ll miss our “blog n’ beer” pitch meetings. As with the rest of the way Nau did things, they flipped the paradigm again and made a business meeting that I actually looked forward to.

Good-hearted is the best way to describe Nau. I wish everyone there the best, and truly hope we can work together in a similar environment, in a climate that is ready for revolutionary new ideas, at a time in the not-so-distant future.

Thank you all for stopping by.

-Rick

• May 3, 2008 at 4:54 pm | BWJ says

I’m truly saddened by this, I never thought the loss of a brand could break my heart. Nau gave me hope that our ideals could really succeed without being all Birkenstocks and hemp. However, as much as I would love to see you continue on, it wouldn’t be the same if you compromised in many of the ways Susanna suggested above. What made you great, aside from your product, was that you were doing business differently. The customers weren’t donating money to non-profits”Nau was”we were just offered the opportunity to direct where it went for being a supportive part of the company. You put your values before the bottom line and no one can fault you for that.

I just hope that Ian and the other guys don’t stop now. I look forward to whatever comes of this and wish you all the best of luck.

Brian W. Jones
    Loyal Nau customer

• May 3, 2008 at 8:19 pm | tracy says

wow, this is a bit shocking, as i have just finished watching an eco-fashion special, featuring nau, on the sundance channel. it’s really too bad that in our current economic situation, companies like yours can’t thrive—we need more people like you guys! hopefully you all will continue on to bigger and better things.

…in the meantime, i’m happily browsing your website.

• May 4, 2008 at 6:00 am | sc says

The call came in and tears poured down my face while walking down the street. It was Chicago’s evening commute and there were a grip of people passing by. But I didn’t care about the stares because we were just told the jilting news.

Nau was much more than just an outdoor clothing company. It (is) a collective of diverse individuals that know how vital it is to be conscious in everything we do.

Business is a full time gig — so we set out to change the way business operates one sustainable performance piece at a time. And we did it!

Nau may have closed a few Webfronts but the dream is still alive. No one can take away the positive change we made or will continue to make. Many seeds have been planted, which will spawn into more conscious ventures and innovation based on natural capital and human capital. That other capital will come too.

Being apart of business unusual was a life changing experience. I am forever indebted to the forward thinking individuals who I am blessed to have worked with.

Thank you Eric for creating the idea that will continue to Unfuck the World. Chris, Ian, Mark ( and everyone at Nau from PDX to Chicago) — thank you for developing such goodness and proving there isn’t anything singular about doing business in the 21st century.

• May 4, 2008 at 9:52 am | Joe says

My wife and I are shocked about this. We were in Seattle, psyched to see the “Coming Soon” Nau store in Ballard. Same deal in SF. This is really hard to believe.

Here’s to learning from our hardships and turning them into something positive.

• May 4, 2008 at 5:50 pm | portland says

To UTW:

Teddy Roosevelt speaks eloquently about the difference between doers and talkers:

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement; and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

• May 4, 2008 at 7:31 pm | Bobbie says

To the lovely people at Nau – 3 cheers to you !! Hip, Hip Hooray, Hip, Hip Hooray, Hip, Hip Hooray!

• May 4, 2008 at 10:40 pm | Vera says

A Dear John letter to my longest relationship so far. (I thought I was embarrassed about that, but upon thinking further, I’m not.)

Dear Nau,
    We were perfect for each other, you and I. I don’t know if I’ve ever been able to say that before, and I am having a hard time fathoming when I will be able to say it again.
    With you, I never compromised what I believed.
    With you I felt sincerity every moment of every day.
    With you I was enabled to explore what I love.
    There was never a moment where I felt like selling something was more important than authentically connecting with the person in front of me. Maybe that’s why we didn’t make it, but I couldn’t have done things any other way.
    With you, going to work felt like coming home.

And meeting your friends… well they say friends can say a lot about someone. Your friends spent the last 2 days bringing me beer and chocolate, chai tea and muffins, job offers and hugs. They camped out on our back bench for 5 hours. They brought the entire band to hang out. They called, they cried a little, they handed me a kleenex.

And let’s not forget your family. The people who had never seen my face but would call just to say hi. The people who would sit down with me for an hour to talk about labor laws in China. The people who didn’t laugh at me when I asked if we could get some environmentally friendly pens, and who appreciated my obsessive organizing of plastic poly-bags. The people who couldn’t fix my computer without having a discussion about their last hiking trip or biking in the rain or organic gardening, the people who rewarded great sales with trophies featuring feathers and figure skaters, the people who had a hard time describing their clothing design without talking about sex, the people who can make bowling a team sport that takes 2 hours a game. I hope this won’t be awkward for you, but I’m totally keeping your family.

I realize our relationship was purely ended by circumstance, but this really blows buddy.
    My entire wardrobe reminds me of you.
    I’m going to have to re-vamp my conversations in order to not make every sentence containing the word “now” into a dorky pun. (I couldn’t help myself)
    I guess I can start wearing colors that don’t fall into the “earth tones” category now. (You never did like those.) Somehow this doesn’t really make me feel better.

I guess I just want to say thanks for the good times.
    Thanks for helping me believe that small things make a big difference, for introducing me to every environmentalist in Chicago, for surrounding me with people who helped me believe that every day of the past year I was doing something worthwhile and being the change I wanted to see.
    Thanks for asking me to dig deeper, to notice that things are not always what they seem, and pointing out when apparent solutions were actually just another problem.
    Thanks for admitting that you weren’t perfect and never asking me to lie for you.
    Thanks for listening when I wanted to ramble about my bike, or carbon offsets, or my favorite non-profit.
    Thanks for looking the other way when I covertly added to my un-sustainable jacket collection. (It’s cold in Chicago…)
    Thanks for challenging me to be a better person.

I’m really going to miss you.
    Is it too late to tell you I loved you?
    I kind of did.
    If you ever want to get back together… I’ll probably be sitting despondently on a bench at the farmers market or riding my bike in circles or something. Come find me.

Yours for un-fucking eternity,

Vera

• May 5, 2008 at 12:22 am | Josh says

So I just spent two hours aimlessly browsing the Nau site while reeling from the news. Of course I second third and fourth many of the comments above.

I just would like to thank you for igniting a spark.

The inception and growth of Nau has paralleled much of my own personal growth so it kind of hits home to know that Nau will no longer be along for the ride. You have provided an amazing example of what a small group of business people can do for the good of all and for that you will be sorely missed.

The only thing I like to wear more than a piece from Nau is my birthday suit… they’re sure gonna love that at the office. Your message will live on in your customers and in your fantastic threads. Sadness ensues, what to do, what to do…

• May 5, 2008 at 12:25 am | Josh says

Oh yeah… and what’s UTW’s beef?

• May 5, 2008 at 6:23 am | Joan says

I own two small businesses and have experienced first hand the struggle of raising money, starting up and staying afloat. I have worked in retail for over twenty-five years and know how rare it is for a company like Nau to come to the forefront.

When a business like Nau closes it resonates deep for all business owners and threatens our very core. I can not express what a great source of an inspiration Nau has been this past year to me personally. It has challenged me to grow my business in different ways and has given me the courage to try. I hope I can take this inspiration and keep some of your charitable dedication alive in my own work.

Nau’s core values, product and incredible marketing should be an inspiration to all business owners. Creativity is in every thing you do and more importantly, integrity. The honesty with which you have launched, grown and, for now, conclude has been done with such integrity.

What goes around comes around and your time in the sun will continue to shine- it’s just behind a cloud- for nau.

• May 5, 2008 at 8:06 am | dharma bum says

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed reading this blog and following your company for the past couple years. I’m sorry it didn’t work out. Good luck to all of you.

• May 5, 2008 at 8:41 am | Melissa says

This is so sad. I don’t even have anything to say, but I was able to make myself a regular customer because Nau’s quality is so much higher than other places, it made sense. Luckily I can wear what I have for many many years. Nau will live on and hopefull reopen.

• May 5, 2008 at 10:27 am | duke says

Vonnegut would have been proud – you went to the edge to see what was on the other side. Kudos for the courage and vision trying to create ‘what could be’. I fervently believe your zeal to create anew will manifest itself in other responsible ideas and people you have inspired. live, love & laugh!

• May 5, 2008 at 10:45 am | localcrew says

Wow . . . still reeling from the news. You all gathered together to do something no one else had the courage to try. You saw the limitations within the current models and set about hammering out something new, forging it from raw material. You believed in the truth not of doing things right, but of doing the right thing. Few people know the kind of courage and risk you showed in breathing life to this collective dream.

I suspect the Told-You-So crowd will find in your sad news some solace; lucky for them, they can avoid challenging their tired ideas a little longer. Pity those folks, though. Their impoverished lives know not the kind of risk and belief the Nau crew embodied. The wealth of your experience far exceeds any capital that could have been raised.

my deepest respect to you all,
    lc from TCL

• May 5, 2008 at 1:33 pm | Melissa at Mountains of the Moon says

Just heard the news. This is incredibly sad, but I can’t say that I don’t understand. As the founder/director of an eco-fashion line myself, I have been facing the same struggles recently. As wonderful as the green boom is for the collective good, new companies popping up everywhere and “green washing” has made it more difficult for those of us who have been around for a while. Fabric unavailability, manufacturing delays, new competition with huge chains selling inexpensive, sweatshop-produced organic goods, and as you pointed out, the highly risk-averse capital market are making it very difficult to grow or even move forward.

I wish all of you the best. All of us at Mountains of the Moon are incredibly grateful for all you gave to our community.

Best of luck,
    Melissa

• May 5, 2008 at 1:43 pm | Jim Anderson says

So Sad! Dang! What a brand and message! Really a downer for Portland and Nau!

• May 5, 2008 at 4:23 pm | Sabrina says

I am very sad. As a Seattle resident, I can assure you there are many in this town who were excited about the pending opening of Nau’s Ballard neighborhood store. As a snowboarder and self professed “tree hugger”, I own many of your base layers and scoff at others.

Please, please, if there is any way to save you, let your fans know. I hate to see a company like yours die while other businesses are actually profiting from being “green.” You are the model and the example and you will be very missed.

My thoughts are with you and your staff. :(

• May 5, 2008 at 8:32 pm | Phillip Crockford says

Sad news indeed! I am so glad that you that you and your wonderful team are finding a lot to celebrate. In taking this attitude, you show the way for all of us not to dwell in bitterness but to learn, grow and “be the change you want to see in the world”

You have indeed raised the bar by opening new possibilities for the role of business in creating positive futures. I salute you all!

Thank you for walking the talk all the way to the end. My very best for all your individual contributions in the future.

• May 5, 2008 at 11:25 pm | enagash says

Dear Nau, I wanted to let you know that me and my team mate, had just completed an innovation study for the business class with in our mfa program. Both of us have left the high fashion industry because we were disappointed with level of thinking and business. Instead we enrolled in graduate school to expose our thoughts and finesse our education to be able to have greater impact on our environment and industry. We have great admiration for the business model and thoughtfulness you have put in your company. It will be remembered!

• May 6, 2008 at 12:34 am | Stephanie Schneiderman says

i just wanted to say that i’m so sorry to hear about nau. i was completely shocked and so sad by the news. everything about your company~ your philosophy, your team that shaped it all, and the clothing itself, was so unique and so inspiring. i feel so lucky to be associated with all of you and your company. you guys have been very supportive of voice for silent disasters in so many ways and i can’t thank you enough for including the voices team in your community. we have all felt extremely honored by it.

here’s to continuing the inspiration you began with partnering for change in the world through our voices, our creativity and our work. i wish you all the very best!
    sincerely,
    stephanie schneiderman and the voices for silent disasters team!

• May 6, 2008 at 2:13 am | Frans Prins says

Wow, that’s sad news!

I hope you find a way of giving it a new life, and otherwise, your work has never been for nothing, celebrate the good stuff you did and bring the spirit with you in other projects!

Justed posted the news on my blog on http://grass-routes.org

• May 6, 2008 at 3:42 am | Lani says

I’ve been back to the Nau site dozens of times since hearing the news on Friday. I’d been here before of course, read a little, loved it all, shopped…not enough? (well, I made up for THAT this weekend!)

Now I’m here in a cold panic, without enough time to read everything. Gray Matters, old blog posts, stories in the Collective – in a sweat that the site is going to come down and I’ll have missed something.

Why didn’t I read all this before? Because I thought you’d always be here. That I had time. That you were too perfect to not survive.

How sad.

• May 6, 2008 at 8:18 am | Mitten says

I’m utterly crushed by this news. In its short time Nau has become the only brand I can say I’m truly dedicated to and completely respect and support. Nau is a little pricey, but I’ve never had a moment of buyers remorse because everything I’ve purchased has been beyond perfect and I know I’ll have it forever. I hope this sad news has a happy ending eventually, but in the meantime, thanks for all of the PERFECT clothing and good luck!

• May 6, 2008 at 12:44 pm | Steph & The Poppy says

To each and every fabulous name, belonging to each and every amazing person at Nau:

What you all have created, what began at Nau, will have positive & rippling effects across the globe, for years to come. May you all break into 1,000 little Nau’s, that spread far & wide. Thank you for showing me how much integrity & passion a group of people can have. And, thank you for letting me be a small part of such an amazing thing.

• May 6, 2008 at 3:24 pm | Makenna says

I couldn’t believe the news. I have never felt such sadness over a lost company in my entire life. To all of the folks I knew at the Boulder store, which shares a block with my family’s restaurant and is the home of many of my friends to all of the wonderful people i met at the warehouse sale in new york city, thank you! You truly brought hope into the dim world of retail, defied norms, and changed the way i thought about clothing and myself.

Know that you will be sorely missed. Shock is only the beginning to express the way I currently feel.

Good luck in your future endeavors. If there is any chance of a potential salvage mission, please tell us!

• May 6, 2008 at 8:32 pm | Simone says

Although I was only part of the 104 crew for a short short time, it has been the most amazing positive work experience I have ever had. I did wake up excited to go to work and loved every min of it. We were more then just a store and wonderfully involved within the chicago sustainable community.
    Although the last for days have been heartbreaking, it has been wonderful to see all out local customers come out and show their love. Packing up the store was like a bad dream. We all just kept moving to try to keep form thinking about what we were doing.
    To the 104 crew, you have been the best co workers I could have ever had. Each of you are such amazing spirits and I know you will do much good in the world.
    To all the 101, 102, 103, and 106 sorry i never got to know you and I wish you all the best.
    Everyone at home office, you guys are the best. I thank you so much for the opportunity.
    Honestly I have felt like i got dumped but i am grateful for this experience and I will never forget it.

Much Much luck to everyone and may great thing come your way.

Shine On,
    Simone Bogode
    104 Crew

• May 7, 2008 at 3:59 pm | Amanda Morgan says

Guys, I’m heartbroken. I’m moving to PDX in a month, and had already put in a fair amount of time scheming to make y’all hire me– and then I got the news. I had even met Nau staffer extraordinaire Karen Wolf (friend of a friend) and talked to the extremely kind and welcoming Director of Community Partnerships. It was going to be great. I’m in love with what you were doing and I wish you all the best in the future. I know whatever y’all take from this experience, you’re gonna make something amazing. And at least I donated some money to some great organizations, and got some beautiful clothes out of the deal. Seriously, I’ll be wearing this stuff forever. Bless.

• May 7, 2008 at 4:13 pm | Frank DiMarco says

I don’t think I’ve been this heartbroken in a long while. I use that word because Nau captured my heart. I fell in love with this diverse, talented, energetic, visionary, perverse, feisty, passionate lot when they let me hang out with them and snap some photos. When I heard the news I was wearing my Nau jacket. Dang. One thing I do know is that the embers still glow with these people and sometimes the stream flows unpredictably until it finds its true way. Huh? Anyway.
    Sending huge hugs to all you Nausters. I know that something very, very good got started here with you. Warmest regardos, Frank

• May 7, 2008 at 4:26 pm | Liz says

It’s Not Easy Being Green…

Well I see Madonna is on the cover of Vanity Fair’s “Green Issue” this month, and Julia Roberts was on last year’s cover – then I see them as the get chauffered around in their Escalades & Explorers to fly on their private jets. Where is George Clooney to bail out nau when you need him???
    Sorry, but the US media dictates that I must compare myself to said “celebrities” now – so I get my cues on being Green from them and also how to raise my kids & lose the post baby weight, and how to support the troops.

Did you ever think of opening up stores in Amsterdam, Berlin & Manchester – us Americans are not really committed to this sustainability “thang”. We & generation X + Y are embracing what marketers call “Activism Light”. Someday we may get it – probably not anytime soon.

Still I have to have hope for my son who had been on our beautiful Earth for 2 years – younger than nau’s 3 year mark but I know that nau will live on in many creative + passionate people.

THANK YOU.
    PEACE + LOVE TO ALL,
    LIZ, JULIAN, RYAN + CHLOE

• May 7, 2008 at 4:51 pm | Dee Williams says

To my friends at NAU:

I have to admit, I’ve been a bit surprised by how emotional the closing has been for me. I found myself wanting to drive to Portland ASAP to offer some sort of support… to offer some brilliant words or flowers or SOMETHING… as a way of letting you know that… y’know, I love you. But (much like this blog-note) my words seem silly and inept (and are quite possibly misspelled).

I can offer this: I’ve been completely inspired by the work you’ve done. Over and over in the past three years, I’ve been inspired to dream BIG… to live large… to sincerely step into my life and live out of my heart. I’ve seen you model that in about a zillion different ways.

I think it took incredible courage to bring nau to life, and to take on the challenges of the apparel industry. As a witness to that work (and in knowing how it has encouraged me to examine my choices), I thank you.

While I’m incredibly sad and anxious for each of you, I absolutally know that good stuff is coming out of this. Barb wire never contained a fire.

I LOVE YOU (spelled ok) Dee

• May 7, 2008 at 4:56 pm | Kristi says

You all have done amazing work – straight from the heart – for these past 2+ years. With so much talent, world-changing thinking and passion, I trust that you will carry this on in other important ways and keep the momentum.

I know this isn’t the last we’ve heard from you guys.
    Never give up.

• May 7, 2008 at 9:06 pm | Stephen says

I was shocked and saddened when I heard the news that Nau was closing up shop. Having followed the brand and the blog for so long, your collective voice will be sorely missed. And while I had always supported the brand from a principles perspective, I couldn’t put my money where my mouth was (just couldn’t afford the clothes). Then today I received the jackets my wife and I ordered last Friday… blown away by the style, craftsmanship, and detail that went into these things. I’ll wear my jacket forever.

Best of luck to everyone in the Nau family, and look forward to all of you continuing your crusade wherever you end up. The world is a better place because of you.

• May 7, 2008 at 11:05 pm | kim says

Just found out from the New York Times article written and I couldn’t be more shocked. I’ve been evangelizing Nau on not just my blog but everybody’s blog where it made sense.

Why do I feel like there is more to this than a crappy economy….it seemed to me that you’d done everything right. So much was thought out and beyond. Have you tried anyone on Seventh Avenue? They are all in such need of a jolt its not even funny; I think that is why this is so hard to digest. Nau was the most promising thing to come along in a long time.

Okay you could’ve been undercapitalized, but your market is also a niche one. I am sure someone bigger is going to come along and completely swipe the model. Let’s hope they hire the Nau team at the very least as consultants.

Probably the only thing good I can say about this is that it is a concept that needs to be done by more than just Nau and brilliant ideas, even ones that got as far as yours did don’t always make it. Conceptually the package was absolutely brilliant. No doubt there are those out there who find it hard to believe Nau created and got where it did. But you will overcome. I am certain of it. Press on. It’s too valuable of an idea for it not to. But seriously each of you consulting with many businesses on how things can be done, it’s a concept that many businesses could adopt with the right guidance….I can’t think of a better team to do it than the Nau team. Good luck and God bless.

• May 8, 2008 at 6:48 pm | Abby (Wolf) says

nau will be missed…but the future is still to come. You never know what may happen…
    I LOVE nau!!!!!!
    Everything happens for a reason.

• May 8, 2008 at 7:26 pm | Andrew Hellman says

The shareholder offering ain’t a bad idea. Take a long look at Google’s sideways approach to raising capital and tap into some of this emotion. Make it an issue for people – seeing you go under is emblematic of not caring…enough. Good luck.

• May 9, 2008 at 8:40 am | Victoria Reiners says

As a frequent customer of Nau, I am so very disappointed by this news. I liked everything about Nau–the designs, the fabrics, the employees with whom I had direct dealings–but especially its philosophy (and original name): “Unfuck the world.” While “going green” (or at least pretending to) is all the fashion in marketing these days, the bust up of a company that truly lived by the principles of sustainability is dispiriting. While I expect my Nau clothes (and all the pieces I bought for friends and family) will give pleasure and garner compliments for many years to come, I am heartbroken.

• May 9, 2008 at 10:37 am | Andrew says

Words are nice, but sometimes you must simply act. Here’s a modest proposal: http://blog.teroforma.com/2008/05/09/this-is-all-wrong/

• May 9, 2008 at 11:51 am | hillary says

I agree – we need to do something. I’ll bet that tons of people have flocked to their website (even though it is acting a little wacky now) and that many have ordered. If that doesn’t show the VC that Nau is viable, I don’t know what does… retail takes time to take off – especially without advertising. Relying on word of mouth is slow, but it was starting to build, and if allowed to continue, I am sure that Nau would be a success. Fingers crossed that something good happens…

• May 9, 2008 at 12:35 pm | Todd Wroblewski says

This is sad news, I wish you all the best in the future. Good luck and thanks for the memories. Peace.

• May 10, 2008 at 8:05 am | Hans says

I was deeply saddened to hear that nau is closing it’s doors. I truly believe that nau was a fore rider in it’s business model. They inspired me to start Ukunto. I don’t think it was a faulty system. They were probably way ahead of their times. Companies like nau will spruce all over the place and succeed and make this earth a better place. For now, I will use nau as a huge inspiration and use as much of their philosophies in my little start up.

Hope to see you all in new world changing business’ in the future.

• May 10, 2008 at 7:58 pm | AG says

Dear team at Nau,
    Best wishes for your next step in changing the world. I know this does not stop you. Keep going!!

• May 10, 2008 at 9:14 pm | Rajesh at uba wear says

hi Nau team,

I was incredibly dissappointed to hear the news. I launched a similar (much smaller scale!) socially conscious apparel brand concept in 2006, üba (which merges fashion, art and philanthropy to engage consumers in peace and human rights issues – http://www.ubawear.com) and am now in discussions with venture funders.

I know this is not the most appropriate moment to ask for your help/advice, but i would really appreciate a 15 minute conversaiton with Ian Y or someone else on the team. If that would be possible, you can reach me at rajesh@ubawear.com.

And if not, totally understand. I value the courage that the team at Nau had in embarking on your mission, and still believe that what you tried to do is the right thing – and barring the current investment climate, is the only viable model for businesses to operate if we are to have a planet left to live in the future.

Best
    Rajesh

• May 12, 2008 at 3:03 am | Eliot says

Hello Nau!

This is terrible news. I have been following the brand from the beginning and I considered Nau to be one of the great hopes for the future of the way businesses are run. I was waiting for some of your product to come out in XS sizes, I guess I missed out on it.

Best of all to all in the future, I hope you carry all that energy and the great ideas into your next ventures.

Cheers,

Eliot

• May 12, 2008 at 3:28 am | Elisabetta says

Hi everyone!
    this is a sad, disappointed European writing…
    I heard about Nau a few months ago, and immediately checked your website out, to find out that clothes – that looked incredible in style, materials, inspiration.. – couldn’t be bought by overseas customers… I was sure that sooner or later Nau would arrive to Europe, and was waiting for you!! Now i sadly realize this is not going to happen (at least in the short term).
    I read with interest the analysis made by Susanna Schick, and I second her.
    I hope everything will be done to try and go on with this project, that sounds so important and challanging. I think Europe could be a new frontier in 2 ways…
    - did you look for investors in Europe? (for example Sweden, Danmark, Germany are fairly rich and “green-sensitive” countries..)
    - in europe you could find a larger amount of potential customers (many of us regularly go hiking and trekking in the Alps, for example), and the “strong” Euro could help you selling here, despite the customs duties.

Hoping you will find the way to work this out, and looking forward to wearing a Nau jacket, I wish you all the best

Elisabetta Traverso

Italy

• May 13, 2008 at 7:10 am | heather says

1st- I LOVE the clothes. These designs are exactly what I prefer in clothing.
    2nd- I LOVE the way they have done business.

I wanted to suggest that they write a book about this company experience to help spread the word about this business model. Especially important is that consumers realize while they may be able to spend $10 for a shirt at their local mall that what is most likely included in that was unfair labor practices and an environmental impact and someone, somewhere has to pay. So, a cheap price tag at your local mall has big costs that are real and making impacts but just maybe not in your pocket at that time.
    I really supported this business model and am sad that it is no longer going to be here!

• May 13, 2008 at 4:20 pm | glampunkzilla says

A longtime ago, I worked with a bunch of you at that place due south where the people for the most part get to go surfing.

Just want you to know that in my section of the go surfy office, we were all bummed out about the news. It did conjure up fun little stories about Mark, Adrienne and Karen. Those here who had the priveledge to work with you, still miss you all dearly.

Wanted also to give a shout out to Jill, Hal and Josie. Josie especially for getting me home safely from that Truckee bar last year!!!

Friends, keep running with the wolves. Keep your irreverence, show it every chance you get. Sometimes sh** doesn’t work out, but know that you stepped out and stood up for something. That’s what counts most in this world. Not running with the suits. Know that you made some really cool sh**.

xo–the angry asian chick, aka mohawk grrl

• May 13, 2008 at 10:41 pm | Clifford says

I am very upset about Nau closing its business! Shopping for clothing these days is basically sending my money to corporate fascists.

Except for Nau.

Nau is an exceptional company and brand. It’s unfortunate that the US marketplace cannot get past the bottom line and value Nau for its high-quality products, originality, design, and fair-business practices. Who would have thought: clothes that are cutting edge and *sustainable*! I have never been more excited about pants. I will love and cherish the clothes I have purchased from Nau.

I can only hope that Nau will be resurrected in the future.

• May 14, 2008 at 6:55 am | Jeanette says

I attended a seminar held by NAU the first week of February in Chicago at the RAC conference. It was a life-changing experience. One of the things posed to us was what are you going to different when you get home. Since then I’ve figured out my purpose, and have started on a non-profit to help drug recovery and provide outreach to loved ones of addicts. I was waiting until my website was up to let everyone at NAU know what an impact they’ve made. I’ve told your story to so many here in California – explaining my source of inspiration. I’m saddened to hear the news – you have created a ripple in the world – I am proof of that. Much luck on your journeys and know that were successful in what you set out to do – you’ve made a positive impact.

• May 14, 2008 at 1:09 pm | Mark Guyer says

I just wanted to say that I really loved this blog and the idea behind this company. I found the blog late and spent a week reading all the archives. After I was caught up with all the posts I decided I should buy some product to support this great company but I was really disappointed with the product offering. I needed a stepping stone to spend $150 dollars on a pair of pants I’d never seen and a picture that made me feel that these clothes would work outside a fashion shoot.

Maybe it would have been different if I had ta chance to interact with the product in the store or maybe I just have bad taste in apparel but I think with a few tweaks to the merchandise and online storefront this company would be viable.

• May 15, 2008 at 12:14 pm | Sabrina Louise Harle says

What more can you say? Times are tough. This company, it’s mission and it’s success over the last year and 1/2, has been amazing. Your brand was out there in the world, making a difference.

Last March I ask for and recieved Chris Van Dyke’s autograph at an Oregon Natural Step breakfast meeting. I cherish it. It means the world to so many that you created NAU, donated so much money to so many worthwhile causes and demonstrated how businesses can “do well, by doing good”. I will enjoy my NAU clothes for a long time.

Thank you for everything.

Sabrina Louise

PS. Despite how many might feel about the military and it’s missions in Iraq and Afganastan, is it possible to share NAU clothing with our military and recieve federal funding from our government so that your business can continue? Wouldn’t our soldiers appreciate the technology, convenience and sustainability you have created? Just a thought.

• May 16, 2008 at 9:58 am | sandy says

I was so excited that you were planning to move into my neighborhood in Seattle.
    Then I saw the space is up for lease and decided to check over here.
    This is terrible news.
    I walked into the store at Bridgeport Village and left transformed and teary.
    I also hope that your business model will inspire others.
    I would love to know where you all go in the world. Keep in touch.

• May 19, 2008 at 4:48 pm | willem says

Thanks for running this amazing endeavor. It’s sad that it has to stop.

• May 20, 2008 at 7:40 am | barbara says

I loved your philosophy and creative business approach. I assumed there were enough folks out there who could wear your designs for you to make it.

I have one pair of pants and I love the quality. I manage to wear them with very long shirts. because the design is clearly for a younger body. (2-3 inches below the belly button is not for those over 50).

Still I will wear the pants with memories of an innovative company that took business to a new level. It is out there now….

• May 21, 2008 at 1:23 am | russell says

I had the incredible opportunity to help out with the web team for a little bit near the end. For the few people I did meet, it was apparent that the 5% thing was really taken to heart – it was not just a “green” gimmick. Very hard working, smart people on staff, with a strong desire to do the right thing. Nau’s office reflected social and environmental consciousness in ways large and small everywhere you looked.
    I hope for the people that have shopped at nau.com and have read the blog, that they are as inspired as I was, and take that inspiration to areas where they can do good as well. Good work guys.

• May 23, 2008 at 4:35 pm | pam says

Just want to say thanks for great products that were created with integrity. I purchased many items from your company during the short time it was up and running. I was committed to buying a few key purchases each year knowing they were well made and designed in a timeless manner. But most important to me was that you were treating our earth and its’ inhabitants with respect. I loved knowing that my purchases were helping others and that the organization I was supporting was ethical. Being a Portlander, I also liked the idea of supporting a local company. I pretty much loved all there was to love about Nau and I’m sad to see you go.

• May 25, 2008 at 12:21 pm | Pierre says

It is a sad story, yet full of promises. Nau had the courage to defy the conventions by creating a new kind of business, the one our idealistic selves strive to see happen.

It didn’t work. Maybe it was too ahead of its time, maybe it ran out of luck, maybe it was too unrealistic. But for me that adventure is worth talking about around us; a little like the story of a hero falling to defend an ideal. We can only have admiration for that kind of risk-taking. The consciousness is already changing, and for each Nau that will fall, there will be tens of others that will succeed.

Thanks for giving us hope, and good luck for the next projects!

• June 9, 2008 at 8:55 pm | Sarah says

Thank you Nau for the most beautiful, comfortable and stylish clothes I’ve ever worn. I was devastated when I came to your Bellevue Square store and found you gone. I’ve never had a store before where I loved every item of the collection.

Please let your customers know if you are able to start up again!

• June 17, 2008 at 2:17 pm | Angel Elliott-Walker says

Really sorry to hear the news Mark- have admired Nau from the UK.
    Angela and Robbie

• June 19, 2008 at 6:55 am | Pritha RaySircar says

Dear Nau,

It’s my sense that the lifestyle apparel and active wear world has forever changed because of Nau’s existence — Nau managed to dig deep into the LIfe-is-a-Sport-Now-Have-a-Great-Time-and-Obviously-Win message and find where social responsibility and sports(person)ship are connected. This is much more than *Just Do It* messaging; this is *YOU ARE IT* messaging, where the individual is the action.

Any athlete, of any type, knows the value behind the team — even solitary activities require a “teaming” and integration of one’s capacities. For a brief while consumers had the opportunity to be on NAU’s team and this was amazing. As a sustainability brander and marketer, my job is to get inspired and then, story it out. I always looked to NAU for a shot in the arm and seriously, have never been disappointed.

I believe that NAU mapped a brave new frontier and I can’t wait to learn of and experience its and others subsequent journeys.

You are missed and remembered.

Pritha

• June 19, 2008 at 9:31 pm | Sasha says

You CAN’T be shutting down!! I just discovered you guys and love you already!

• August 10, 2008 at 4:53 pm | D.A. says

I was also saddened when I visited your Bridgeport Village store and found it gone. I’m happy to hear I can purchase you clothes on line. Your clothes are the best I’ve found in terms of style, wearability, colors, comfort. I can wear the same piece in the winter and say warm and in the summer to stay cool. Need I say, I love Nau clothing. The company’s philosophy is amazing. I look forward to an exciting future for Nau.

• [...] La vidéo a été réalisée par une autre entreprise pour laquelle j’avais beaucoup d’admiration, Nau. J’écris «j’avais» parce que Nau n’a pas réussi à boucler son financement pour poursuivre ses activités et a dû déclarer forfait le printemps dernier. Ils sont des précurseurs et d’autres poursuivront et réussiront là où ils ont été obligés de s’arrêter. Plus de détails sur Nau ici. Je leur laisse le dernier mot: Nau set out to show the world that business can be a force for positive social and environmental change. Although our current financial obstacles have proven to be insurmountable, it does not mean the ideas associated with Nau are unattainable. Nau was merely one attempt to express a larger idea that was around before us and will survive long after. It remains as urgent as ever for businesses to take the lead in creating a sustainable future for humans and the planet. We, as individuals and as members of a grander collective of the change-minded, look forward to continuing that journey (Goodbye for Nau). Tags : Lieu, Vélo Envoyer un commentaire or Laisser un trackback [...]

• May 18, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Times Quotidian says

[...] it was not enough to stave off it’s impending demise. Up went it’s glorious “Goodbye for Nau” home [...]

• September 8, 2010 at 3:57 am | Anny says

Just left you a phone message. “We” all send you our Love and good will.

However, take a look at some of these watches, there great

Anny

• [...] overview, including more about the impassioned consumer response that was the impetus for re-birth (just read these comments!). Nau’s blog, The Thought Kitchen, is chronicling the transition from the [...]

• March 26, 2011 at 12:37 am | Fiber Tough says

Fiber Tough brings you intricately designed stained glass panels for door inserts, windows and other similar applications.If you are planning to improve your living room or give a warmer welcome to your visitors courtesy of a beautifully stained glass window or door, call us and allow us to help you find the right design for you.

Sheet glass