FREE ground shipping on orders over $100 and FREE returns on all orders

Getting Along

Posted by Rick | October 16th, 2007 | Filed under Positive Change

-2.jpg-5.jpg

-4.jpg-1.jpg

We received an email recently that gave very little information about these photos, save for the fact that the photographer who took the shots thought he was going to lose his huskies when this polar bear materialized on the Manitoban tundra. Amazingly, the bear returned every night to play with the dogs. Makes you think that if these two creatures — whose DNA should be telling them to fight or flee — can get along, anybody can… right?

10 Responses to “Getting Along”

• October 16, 2007 at 5:31 am | Andy Woolard says

Wow. This provided an excellent start to my day. Thanks.

• October 16, 2007 at 10:53 am | wakako takagi says

Thank you for sharing amazing pictures…I guess we can never assume what nature does. (that’s the part of the beauty, right?)

• October 16, 2007 at 11:14 am | dharma bum says

Captivating and thought-provoking images for sure.

The photos first gained prominence through a talk by Stuart Brown on the NPR program Speaking of Faith. It is viewable here

• October 16, 2007 at 1:07 pm | Rick says

Thank for shedding some light on where the shots came from. I really enjoyed hearing the story that went along with the pics and am a firm believer in the power of play.

• October 16, 2007 at 8:04 pm | Brooks Jordan says

That’s awesome. I posted it in my Facebook account for others to check out.

• October 18, 2007 at 4:03 pm | k says

these shots make me smile, but i tend to think it’s a mother who lost her cubs and looking for someone to nurture…kinda wish it was me, but probably happy i didn’t get that bear hug.

• October 21, 2007 at 6:01 am | Susan says

Heartwarming and beautiful!

• October 21, 2007 at 7:06 pm | sproutnweeze says

And this is another example of why I love, LOVE my dogs!

• November 1, 2007 at 11:22 am | Michael says

What a great set of photos to check out. Thanks for posting them.

• November 7, 2007 at 12:05 pm | charliebear says

It’s a good thing that bear likes the dog… because that dog wouldn’t have a chance, being chained and all.