FREE ground shipping on orders over $150 and FREE returns on all orders

Into the Wild

Posted by Rick | September 25th, 2007 | Filed under Outdoor Sport, Personal Reflection

My weekend at the beach had Eddie Vedder’s music for the new film Into the Wild as its soundtrack. It was the perfect accompaniment to our vistas of pine forests, misty estuaries, and golden sunsets over crashing waves.

I’m looking forward to seeing the film — a thoughtful adaptation of the true story of one man’s fateful desire to get off the grid — which was released over the weekend.

Into the Wild Official Trailer
Movie review by Reel Geezers
John Krakauer’s Original Outside Magazine Article

5 Responses to “Into the Wild”

• September 25, 2007 at 7:06 pm | Stu Hill says

This post is why I love this site. I recently heard all the hype about Into the Wild, thought it was up my alley and read it last weekend. All I can say is that it’s fantastic. The story, the writing, the journey that anyone of us has wanted to travel…it’s really an incredible story that everyone can relate to. I’m hyped about the movie and can wait to see what Sean Penn has done with it.

• September 25, 2007 at 8:14 pm | Rick says

Thanks, Stu. Sometimes I think that I have to always write long blog entries that dig deep into environmental, artistic, and outdoor subject matter and forget to just post something that just says, “This looks cool.” Incidentally, I tried to find a theater that is showing the film today and its not out yet in Portland. Gives me time to get started on the book!

Rick

• October 2, 2007 at 12:29 am | Rhonda says

The book is one of a kind. I read it a few years ago and will never forget the way the cover etched its way in my brain. At evey hair raising turn in my life I will reflect on the reading and the courage it takes to set out on foot and change everything. I can’t wait to see what Sean did with it. How appropriate with the soundtrack including music from Eddie.

• October 10, 2007 at 1:23 pm | Greg says

Just thought you might be interested to know that some human turd is selling pieces of bus 124 on ebay.

Chalk up another one for the human race. There’s an article about it here:

• August 10, 2008 at 11:15 pm | andar909 says

hi, andar here, i just read your post. i like very much. agree to you, sir.